In this article, you will find over 225 motivational business quotes that you can use right now.
Starting a business is tough; Physically, mentally and financially.
This is why we are going to share our list of best business motivational quotes of all time.
Save your favorite business quotes (or share on your network) so that you can re-read when you’re exhausted, frustrated, anxious, worried, or on the edge of giving up.
Don’t just scan these quotes. Take your time to understand the deep meaning behind those powerful business quotes.
Okay, let’s start with some business quotes by influential people.
The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.Albert Einstein
If you owe the bank $100, that’s your problem. If you own the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.J. Paul Getty
A business that makes nothing but money is a poor businessHenry Ford
The common question that gets asked in business is ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is ‘why not?’Jeff Bezos
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. — Mark Twain
- The superior man understands what is right the inferior man understands what will sell. — Confucius
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations. — Steve Jobs
- All lasting business is built on friendship. — Alfred A. Montapert
- The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed. — Henry Ford
- It’s not what you pay a man, but what he costs you that counts. — Will Rogers
- In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first the cash will come later. — Harold S. Geneen
- When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge. — Robert Kiyosaki
- If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business. — B. C. Forbes
- Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business. — Zig Ziglar
Mark Twain’s quote on business is one of the all-time best. Save this image to re-read later or share with your business community.
If I look back, I am lost.
Life is like riding a bicycle to keep your balance, you must keep moving.Albert Einstein
What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving one. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward.Roy T. Bennett
Things aren’t always easy but you just have to keep going don’t let the small stuff bag you downStella Maeve
The business quotes from successful people who have worked hard to become people who they are are very helpful. Check out these inspirational quotes by business pioneers.
- All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. — Brian Tracy
- From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I’ve felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people’s lives better. — Richard Branson
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. — Henry Ford
- Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. — Jim Rohn
- You are where you are and what you are because of yourself nothing else. Nature is neutral. Nature doesn’t care. If you do what other successful people do you will enjoy the same results and rewards that they do. And if you don’t you won’t. — Brian Tracy
- Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.
- Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time. — Brian Tracy
- If you can tell stories, create characters, devise incidents, and have sincerity and passion, it doesn’t matter a damn how you write. — Somerset Maugham
- One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in, and where you want to go. — Sheila Murray Bethel
“I never did things for money…”, “Money is a wonderful thing, but, …” Those are Steve Jobs’s words. Check this Steve Jobs’s business quotes recording.
I don’t know what lies ahead, but I want to keep going foreverFuyumi Soryo
Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering ‘I will try again tomorrow’Mary Anne Radmacher
You simply have to put one foot in front of other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.George Lucas
You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.Zig Ziglar
- Two things define you. Your attitude when you have everything. Patience when you have nothing. — Horace Crenshaw, Jr.
- You know you’re doing what you love when Sunday nights feel the same as Friday nights…. — Donny Deutsch
- You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground.
- The only thing wrong with trying to please everyone is that there’s always at least one person who will remain unhappy. You. — Elizabeth Parker
- With the right attitude and mindset, one can soar to the greatest heights. — Thabisile Ledwaba
- Part of being a true leader is not always needing to be the leader — Luke Edison
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Work management is a huge part of any organization. Mark Zuckerberg’s business quotes on improving customer success is a good one on this. Watch it.
There’s always a reason to smile
Good things takes time
Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over otherwise you just get confused.Cliff Burton
If you stop you’ll lose everything. You’ve got to keep going.Greyson Chance
I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.Sylvester Stallone
Let everything happen to you beauty and terror just keep goin no feeling is finalRainer Maria Rilke
- The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. — Arthur C. Clarke
- If someone else has done it, I can do it too. If no one has, then I can be the first. — Soraya
- Without a compelling cause, our employees are just putting in the time. Their minds might be engaged, but their hearts are not. Meaning precedes motivation. — Lee J. Colan
- Being born poor doesn’t mean one is condemned to a life of poverty. It means you learn to rise above and conquer tough life at a young age so that when you are older you just easily navigate through any turbulence or storm. — Thabisile Ledwaba
- Success in life is a matter, not so much of talent or opportunity as of concentration and perseverance.
- Work hard in silence & let the success make noise.
- You will never know what you are capable of until you take that first step and go for it.
- Decision defines destiny.
Taking responsibility, understanding reasons, and moving forward in difficult times are what differentiate successful business owners from others. Oprah Winfrey’s moving life forward quotes on business are inspirational and convincing.
Watch this video on learn why you should not expect anybody’s help. (and what to do about it)
These business quotes may be unceremonious but they’re pretty accurate.
When in doubt, throw doubt out and have a little faith…E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
Love for all, hatred for noneKhalifatul Masih III
Change the world by being yourselfAmy Poehler
Every moment is a fresh beginning.T. S Eliot
Never regret anything that made you smile.Mark Twain
Die with memories not dreams
Aspire to inspire before we expire
Everything you can imagine is realPablo Picasso
- You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. — Zig Ziglar
- The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to neither make money nor find much fun in life. — Charles M. Schwab
- Imagination is more important than knowledge — Albert Einstein
- A year from now you may wish you had started today. — Karen Lamb
- It doesn’t matter if you try & try & try again, and fail. It does matter if you try & fail, and fail to try again.
- Lack of integrity puts a dent in your achievements. Be mindful of how you achieve things. — Aditi Chopra
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
Here are more inspirational business quotes to make your day.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.Leonardo Da Vinci
Whatever you do, do it well.Walt Disney
What we think, we become.Buddha
All limitations are self-imposedOliver Wendell Holmes
Live in the sunshine swim the sea drink the wild air.
The Earth is all we have in common
- Never say anything about yourself you don’t want to come true — Brian Tracy
- Who hath no haste in his business, mountains to him seem valleys. — George Herbert
- Those people who develop the ability to continuously acquire new and better forms of knowledge that they can apply to their work and to their lives will be the movers and shakers in our society for the indefinite future. — Brian Tracy
- Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming. — Richard Branson
- The true measure of the value of any business leader and manager is performance. — Brian Tracy
- The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions. — John Hancock
- Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion. — Jack Welch
Problems are not stop signs, They are guidelines.Robert H. Schuller
One day the people don’t even believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.Johnny Depp
I’m gonna tell a real story. I’m gonna start with my name.Kendrick Lamar
If you tell the truth, you don’t have too remember anything.Mark Twain
Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish.Jessica N. S. Yourko
Hate comes from intimidation love comes from appreciationTyga
More best business motivational quotes for entrepreneurs to keep going.
- Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. — Chris Grosser
- Before you can become a millionaire, you must learn to think like one. You must learn how to motivate yourself to counter fear with courage. Making critical decisions about your career, business, investments and other resources conjure up fear, fear that is part of the process of becoming a financial success. — Thomas J. Stanley
- A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all. — Michael LeBoeuf
- If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you. — Zig Ziglar
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. — Henry David Thoreau
- The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. — Peter Drucker
- Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch. — Michael Arrington
I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrongHarvey Spector
Oh, the things you can find, if you don’t stay behindDr. Seuss
Determine your priorities and focus on them.Eileen McDargh
Be so good. They can’t ignore you.
Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.James Dean
Yesterday you said tomorrow. Just do it.Nike
- Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do. — Unknown
- Fall seven times, stand up eight. — Japanese Proverb
- In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. — Nikos Kazantzakis
- Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. — Kyle Chandler
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. — Thomas Edison
- Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you. — Zig Ziglar
- It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. — Bill Gates
Like always, Bill Gates business quotes are full of wisdom.
I don’t need it to be easy, I need it to be worth it.Lil Wayne
Never let your emotions overpower your intelligenceDrake
Nothing lasts forever but at least we got these memoriesJ. Cole
Don’t you know your imperfections is a blessing?Kendrick Lamar
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. — Thomas Jefferson
- Always deliver more than expected. — Larry Page
- If you’ve got a talent, protect it. — Jim Carrey
- There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. — Ray Goforth
- You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing. — Philippos
- Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work. — Ben Silbermann
- On your way to greatness, you are guaranteed to fail; that is life for you it has no guarantees. What you do with your failure is what will take you to greatness. — Thabisile Ledwaba
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.Tupac
To live will be an awfully big adventure.Peter Pan
Try to be a Rainbow someone’s couldMaya Angelou
There is no substitute for hard work.Thomas Edison
What consumes your mind controls your life
Strive for greatness.Lebron James
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.Kurt Cobain
And still, I rise.Maya Angelou
The time is always right to do what is right.Martin Luther Kind Jr.
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.Rumi
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader. — John Quincy Adams
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. — John D. Rockefeller
- When nothing goes right you have to face forward and take it on head first. — Kyo Shirodaira
- If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work. — Thomas J. Watson
- What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed. — Dave Thomas
- There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. — Ray Goforth
- The business has only two functions – marketing and innovation. — Milan Kundera
- You can never quit. Winners never quit, and quitters never win. — Ted Turner
Looking for more motivational business quotes? Check out the below.
May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.Nelson Mandela
A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world.Atticus
White is not always light and black is not always dark.Habeeb Akande
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.R. Brault
Happiness depends upon overservesAristotle
Turn your wounds into wisdomOprah Winfrey
Don’t change the Game. Let the game change you.Macklemore
It hurt because it mattered.John Green
These business quotes on taking risks are helpful to make huge progresses in your business.
- Stop chasing the money and start chasing passion. — Tony Hsieh
- Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” — Albert Einstein
- Do one thing every day that scares you. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large. — Jeff Bezos
- I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite. — G. K. Chesterton
- Stop being a victim of your days and start being the creator and shaper of those same days. — Steve Maraboli
- Don’t wish it was easier. Wish you were better. — Jim Rohn
Emanuel James Rohn, famously known as Jim Rohn is an author and motivational speaker. His popular business quote about taking risks is one of the best.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?Boonaa Mohammed
I will remember and not recover not forgive not forget
The meaning of life is to give life meaningKen Hudgins
The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sitNelson Henderson
When words fail, music speaksShakespeare
Embrace t he glorious mess that you areElizabeth Gilbert
Normality is a paved road it’s comfortable to walk but no flowers growVincent Van Gogh
I have nothing to lose but something to gainEminem
- If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late. — Reid Hoffman
- Fear is a mental projection of something that has not happened. — Steve Maraboli
- Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success. — Thomas J. Watson
- Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect. — Jack Dorsey
- Quality is not an act, it is a habit. — Aristotle
- If you’re going through hell, keep going. — Winston Churchill
- If you deprive yourself of outsourcing and your competitors do not, you’re putting yourself out of business. — Lee Kuan Yew
Lee Kuan Yew’s business saying on outsourcing is spot on.
You can totally do this.
Impossible is for the unwilling.John Keats
No pressure – No diamondsTomas Carlyle
Stay foolish to stay saneMaxime Lagace
When nothing goes right. Go left.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.Samuel Beckett
Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.
Task the risk or lose the chance.
- If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. — John D. Rockefeller
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs
- The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do. — Unknown
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. — Bill Gates
- The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. — Confucius
- If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out. — Mark Zuckerberg
- The size of your problems is nothing compared with your ability to solve them. Don’t overestimate your problems and underestimate yourself.
- It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. — Scott Belsky
People who have the courage to take risks and convert problems into opportunities are ones who make the foundations for huge enterprises. Here are more business quotes to inspire.
Prove them wrong.
He who is brave is free. — Seneca
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. — Winston Churchill
There is no saint without past, no sinner without a future. — Augustine of Hippo
No guts, no story.
Screw it, let’s do it.
Keep going. Be all in. Bryan Hutchinson
Dream Big Pray Bigger.
- If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you. — Steve Jobs
- The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be. — Reid Hoffman
- People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy. — Tony Robbins
- Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you. — Tony Hsieh
- Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning. — Robert Kiyosaki
- The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow. — Ingvar Kamprad
- If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time. — Steve Jobs
- Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now. — Denis Waitley
Robert Kiyosaki’s business quotes are also quite encouraging. And this saying on business for entrepreneurs symbolizes how Covid19 produced new entrepreneurs.
Leave no stone unturned.
Fight till the last gaspWilliam Shakespeare
Broken crayons still color.
You can if you think you canGeorge Reeves
Whatever you are, be a good oneAbraham Lincoln
Grow through what you go through
Do with passion or not at all
She believed she could. So she did
These business quotes are on fire!
- Nothing works better than just improving your product. — Joel Spolsky
- The character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. — Helen Keller
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. — Walt Disney
- Don’t try to be original, just try to be good. — Paul Rand
- Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out — John Wooden
- Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop. — Jeffrey Zeldman
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. — Bruce Lee
The past does not equal the future — Tony Robbins
At the end of hardship comes happiness
Don’t dream your life, live your dream.
If it matters to you, you’ll find a way
Forget about style worry about results
Dream without fear. Love without limits
These business quotes are also great for small businesses.
- Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities. — Robert H. Schuller
- Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax. — Abraham Lincoln
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. — Colin Powell
- I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one. — Bill Gates
- I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody. — Herbert Bayard Swope
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. — Albert Schweitzer
- If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward. — Martin Luther King Jr.
Final Words on Business Quotes
Words can inspire and motivate you to be better in every aspect.
These all-time best business quotes by entrepreneurs and leaders are very helpful for any business owner not only to motivate in difficult times but also overcome business mistakes.
So, which are your best business quotes? Did this article miss any business quotes that you are aware of? Let us know in the comments below.